Thursday 11 May 2017

Failing big or small. It will happen. And we need to accept it.

Yes, it will. And not only once. And not when you expected it. And maybe you put in all the hard work but it didn't work out the way you imagined.

You know, I consider myself a very ambitious person. I know that when I want to achieve something, I will do everything to do it. A lot of times though, I get upset and disappointed with myself, because I did not live up to my own expectations. And that is the worst thing for me. For longer now I have put what other people think about me last, and instead I focused on what I want and what makes me happy.

But this made me realise how hard I am on myself sometimes. And instead of it actually helping me, it discourages me and I start hating myself for not being better and not living up to my own expectations. It sounds upsetting doesn't it?

These moments happen, when I am convinced I could be better, I could work harder and I should have been better by now. But instead I see myself as a failure of not being where I intended to be.

Today I realised though, that it is part of life. It is part of who we are and it is completely human to not always be satisfied with our own achievements. Actually, it is a good thing, because this will help us grown and become the person we are striving to be day to day.

So my message today is to stop being so hard on yourself and that failing is not a bad thing. It is part of life and it helps us realise how bad we really want to achieve something in life.


With love,
Jess x



No comments:

Post a Comment