Tuesday 7 February 2017

It is okay to get your heart broken. And I will tell you why.

I know, I know. If your heart has been broken recently, this might probably be the last thing you will want to read. But trust me, keep reading. It won't get worse, I promise.

My heart has been broken. And it is not a long time ago. But long enough, to be able to reflect upon everything. How did it get broken? Well. I was in love with this wonderful human being. But after a good while, things started getting to crumble and well, I think you can imagine what happened. And it wasn't as smooth as it might sound. It was horrible. At least from my side. I felt devastated, I felt lost.

It took me a while to recover. And the moment I thought I was doing great, I have received news, that have brought be down even more. I felt like it could not get worse. I felt like I forgot what happiness is. I felt like I could never be happy again.

These moments are the ones, that no one ever wants to experience. But we tend to forget that these moments are exactly the ones, that teach us something. Not about others, but about ourselves. These are the moments we should embrace and help us make understand who we really are and what we really want. Getting our heart broken is part of the circle of life. It is the moment where we truly feel like we are alive and we feel all those different types of emotions. Emotions that sometimes seem hard to control and which we sometimes want to turn off.

But these moments give you something, that you will never get back. Experience.
Yes. Read Again. Experience.

Just because of the experience we have had 5 years ago, we are the person we are today. Ever thought about that? The experience we are getting and making today, will make us the person we will be in the next 5 years. Even though in the moment, it might seem like the end of the world and nothing makes sense anymore (trust me, I have been there), this moment will fade, slowly, but it will.

Give yourself time. Forgive yourself. And be thankful to be the human you are today. Because experiences form you, they form us. And the decide who we are. And who you are. 


With love,
Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment